Something You Enjoy Doing Outdoors

The activity I most enjoy doing outside is climbing mountains. The truth is that my family don’t like or have the habit of hikking. The only memories I have as a child climbing mountains are when we climbed the hill near my great-grandparent´s house to raise volantines on September 18th.

Maybe I don’t consider that as a big deal, but it´s because in Chile we are surrounded by mountains.

I think this taste started when I was a teenager when I was surrounded by friends who did have the habit of hikking and a outdoor life.

Together, we climbed the nearby hills in the V region and even dabbled in the art of mochilear before the pandemic. Once to Chiloe and the other to Bariloche.

It may seem silly, but the greatest sensory memory of those walks to raise volantines with my family that I told you about a while ago, was when I ran down the hill with my cousins.

That adrenaline has captivated me and perhaps later I will dare to do more risky climbs.

The last big climb I did was in July. Me and my girldfriend entered in the heart of El caqui, which has its summit at 2100 meters above sea level.

Being such a nice experience for a couple, we did not estimate the times so the descent was at night, fortunately we were accompanied by a large bright moon and we arrived safe and sound.


This is us before going down the mountain at night















Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

BLOG 4 - My dream job

Language