Language

In terms of languages, Latin America has such a poor level of English because it is not really a necessity. With the exception of Brazil we all speak the same language.

In addition to this, the English classes taught at school prioritize the writing and listening part over the speaking part.

In my case, I have had English classes since I was 4 years old, I can read, listen and write English and make myself understood.

However, since I do not have the need to be understood by another person who speaks another language, my spoken skills are very bad. Despite this, I think I can make myself understood.

The easiest thing I find about the English language is being able to be understood despite not having such an extensive vocabulary or handling so many strictly rules.

 Even so, there are certain accents that are difficult for me to understand and this is precisely the part that complicates me. The movies have trained me to understand the most common and sometimes stereotyped accents, but there are an infinite amount.

For example, the Jamaican accent is very difficult for me, but the accents that are most difficult for me are those of people who are in the same situation as me. I mean, English is not your first language.

The truth is, to practice English, I started watching movies with or without English subtitles, in addition to reading certain books as well, but what started out as something obligatory is now something I enjoy and always do.

However, the spoken part of this language is something I am indebted to. Because I think it will be useful to me in the near future, if I decide to emigrate.

Although I can make myself understood, I cannot explain complex ideas and my deepest feelings with total freedom. An that is something minimun in a laboral ambient

I have always been interested in the roots of words and the similarities between languages. For some time now I have been learning a little bit of German, very very little. And meanwhile learning this language I have liked to find the similarities it has with English, by having similar roots.

I like to think about the diffurcations of language and this is what I like most about Anglo-Saxon culture, as in a narrow field, there can be so many languages. However, despite being different languages, they share many roots. 

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

BLOG 4 - My dream job